Wednesday, June 20, 2012

21 June 2012

Muli Shani!  I'm getting into the routine of things slowly but surely (I have a new appreciation for candles these days). At the end of the week I'm heading to Kitwe and Chingola (Zambia), and I'm looking forward to it!


Savanna Dry Cider








 The group went to an Italian restaurant, and the best part was the coffee. All of the coffee I've had in Ndola has been superb, and usually cost 10,000 Kwacha ($2.00 USD). 
Awesome Coffee


One of my FaNtAsTic co-workers let me know that the horn is Vuvuzela rather than Bubuzela. Thanks!


Mazhandu is a bus service that goes all over Zambia, and I found they have tickets for 65,000 Kwacha to Lusaka ($13 USD) and Livingston for 155,000 Kwacha ($31 USD).





Kalyeni is the bar many Ndola residents frequent. It's a fun and laid back atmosphere.
Kalyeni Snack & Bar


Words of Wisdom:

What's worth doing is worth doing well -- Idiom

Before you can withdraw from the bank you have to make a deposit --Mom 
Simba and Hunter's
Broccoli Soup with Caramelized Apple and Feta 



Cucumber Soup

My WONDERFUL sister bought me "Cooking with Friends" by Gordon Ramsay, and I've successfully made three dishes since I arrived in Ndola. I plan on making all of the dishes (minus the desserts) by the end of my term in Ndola. None of the recipes have disappointed, nor do I expect them to... It's Gordon.

No comments:

Post a Comment