Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Mansa Mansa Mansa

I ABSOLUTELY love Mansa, Zambia. It's in Eastern Province, and is the definition of picturesque. It took 8 hours to drive from Ndola to Kipiri to Mansa. I'm so thankful I was able to go on this work exchange visit. We visited three clinics. One was over 70Kms (on dirt roads) from the main office, and the second was 60Kms. It took two hours to get to the first clinic (Matanda).

What I love about Mansa is that it's calm, and a there is no industry (ie copper, mining etc). It's a different side of Zambia, to what I've seen in the Copperbelt, Livingstone and Lusaka. There's a lovely beach called Lake Bangweulu in Samfya (45 minute drive from Mansa town center). The water is clear, calm and lives up to its name "where the sky meets the water." The sand is white. There are no resorts, or hotels built up around the beach. I'm told the beach is the size of Connecticut!

An hour of the drive to Mansa we were met with the beauty of the Laupula River. It makes the border between the Congo and Zambia. The Matanda clinic was 2 Kms away from part of the river, so I walked over to take a look. Beautiful.

I really needed to get away from Ndola for a few days, and this exchange visit was my saving grace.

Please enjoy the photos.

 











Laupula Bridge




It's not a melon... It's a cucumber











Had shima every day of the trip

Lake Bangweulu is stunning

Chitenge ideas!

More ideas

4 Dollars worth of food on the way back from Mansa!

Beautiful mushrooms. They taste lovely

No comments:

Post a Comment